Eagles Nest Airport Gets $700K for Runway Improvements



Support IS ON THE (Operate)WAY: The grant is aspect of the state’s $9 million competitive funding software. (File Photograph by Ryan Morrill)
Eleven of New Jersey’s normal aviation airports, like Eagles Nest Airport in Eagleswood, obtained a large Valentine’s Working day reward from the condition Department of Transportation in the sort of Airport Enhancement Software grants totaling additional than $8.5 million to guidance airport protection and improvement tasks. The NJDOT’s announcement arrived Feb. 14.
Eagles Nest’s venture is its Runway 14-32 Rehabilitation, Phase Two (layout, design and construction management). The total undertaking cost for the 2nd stage is $770,834.88. The grant sum is $693,751.39 the sponsor share is $77,083.49.
“Combined with final year’s grant of $340,000 for Period One, the runway will be milled and resurfaced to do away with cracks,” said Peter Weidhorn, president of the airport’s board of administrators. “The airport ownership is dependable for 10% of the whole cost, or about $110,000.”
In accordance to NJDOT Commissioner Diane Gutierrez-Scaccetti, “General aviation airports not only provide transportation for inhabitants, enterprises and visitors, but also serve as key financial engines for regional communities. These grants will boost our public-use airports, so all aspects of New Jersey’s multi-modal transportation program are modern and safe and sound.”
Grants are awarded by means of a aggressive system. Jobs receiving resources this yr incorporate runway rehabilitation, taxiway building, lights improvements, obstruction removal and basic safety advancements at 11 airports in 8 counties.
The grants will be funded solely by way of NJDOT’s Transportation Rely on Fund and Airport Basic safety Fund, with the condition supplying 90% of the suitable charge and the remaining 10% included by the airport proprietor. By leveraging $8.5 million in condition funding, along with the $900,000 in airport contributions, additional than $9.4 million well worth of perform will be accomplished.  —V.F.
 

Leave a Reply