AGREED: (From remaining) Grace Talian, Stockton College Assistant Director of Admissions Tracy Lisk, Stockton College Assistant Director of Admissions Robert Heinrich, Stockton College Chief Enrollment Management Officer Heather Medina, Stockton University Director of Admissions Megan Vile, Assistant Superintendent Southern Regional School District Assistant Superintendent and Craig Henry, Southern Regional Faculty District Superintendent. (Photograph courtesy of Stockton University)
Although the main highlight of the most new Southern Regional Board of Education assembly two weeks back was the presentation by Adele Berardi and Kendra Stefanski relating to the colossal accomplishment of this year’s foods drive, a significantly essential a person that advantages Southern’s significant faculty learners at all degrees also created its way to the forefront.
“The Dual Route Partnership system creates an accelerated pathway for college students to finish their high school and bachelor’s levels within just 6 a long time, if a college student chooses to do so,” explained Stockton University Main Enrollment Officer Robert Heinrich, who spoke ahead of the Southern school board on Jan. 5. “This is a unique prospect for your pupils to basically have a conditional acceptance to Stockton as they get started their initially calendar year of higher college.”
The Southern Regional Faculty District and Stockton have labored with each other in new yrs to aid college students save time and funds as they equally go after their higher university diplomas and get by way of college or university far more swiftly, and they a short while ago signed a “Dual Route Partnership” settlement – providing students at the high university the prospect to graduate from large university in a few decades and be instantly enrolled at Stockton with sophomore standing.
“If students can get paid a semester or a lot more of credits in high school, they will not only preserve countless numbers of dollars in tuition, but also cut down the time it takes them to graduate from Stockton,” Heinrich stated. “This program also cuts down the worry of making use of to college and waiting around for a decision by guaranteeing admission to competent students.”
The agreement demonstrates the motivation of equally establishments to offer pupils with a superior-top quality schooling and seamless accessibility to an affordable 4-calendar year school diploma.
“This arrangement acknowledges that Southern Regional’s arduous curriculum extra than adequately prepares learners to make the changeover to college or university,” explained Stockton College President Harvey Kesselman. “Almost 20% of Stockton students arrive from Ocean County, and we are assured this agreement will support even additional Southern Regional pupils get entry to an affordable higher education degree.”
In an expansion of a previous application among the schools, the recent academic yr at Southern Regional characteristics 17 dual-credit history classes by way of Stockton that allow college students to earn the two large faculty and faculty credits. Classes available consist of Latin, French, Spanish, German, Precalculus, Calculus and Medical Terminology for Wellbeing, amongst other people.
“We’ve been actually privileged to work with Stockton on this partnership,” claimed Southern Assistant Superintendent Megan Vile, who has labored intently with the university’s administrative crew to create the twin-system method. “Stockton’s been exceptionally versatile for our college students, and I’m genuinely energized to broaden people classes so our little ones can tailor their specific Southern expertise and changeover into school with the potential to shorten that timeline as very well as the fiscal stress.”
Heinrich mentioned just one of the major added benefits of the program is that learners can take edge of complete, 4-credit rating programs to convey to Stockton or yet another institution, and the demand for individuals four credits is only $400, which can be waived for learners who qualify for the free of charge and reduced lunch program – an option that substantially lowers the expenditure towards faculty for a family, he additional.
“The Southern Regional College District is both of those very pleased and energized to be expanding publish-graduate opportunities for Southern students as a result of this partnership with Stockton College,” claimed Southern Superintendent Craig Henry. “Combining the two nicely-recognised manufacturers of Stockton University and the Southern Regional University District will unquestionably serve not only our college students incredibly perfectly, but, similarly critical, the group at significant.”
The phrases of the Twin Route Partnership settlement contain:
• Pupils who earn their higher university diploma from Southern Regional Higher College with a bare minimum GPA of 3. or far better are certain enrollment at Stockton College.
• Stockton agrees to waive the undergraduate admission software payment for qualified pupils.
• Stockton will supply on-web site private advisement and higher education admissions and fiscal help workshops in Southern Regional Substantial College for future pupils and mother and father.
• Stockton will present academic and merit scholarships to eligible college students, renewable for up to four several years of undergraduate study course do the job to these who preserve a 3. or improved GPA.
• Southern Regional will publicize the arrangement and deliver common arrangements for Stockton admissions and fiscal aid counselors to check out Southern Regional Significant School.
• Stockton will do the job with the administration at Southern Regional to enhance the number of twin-credit history choices, so learners can finish as many as 32 university credits throughout their 1st 3 a long time of higher school and transfer those people credits to Stockton.
• Students who finish 32 credits at Southern Regional may well enter Stockton as sophomores.
• Students who do not meet up with the minimum admissions requirements can be conditionally approved to Stockton and will be encouraged to at first enroll at Ocean County University underneath the current Stockton Transfer Pathways partnership.
— David Biggy