AGREED: (From remaining) Grace Talian, Stockton University Assistant Director of Admissions Tracy Lisk, Stockton University Assistant Director of Admissions Robert Heinrich, Stockton College Main Enrollment Management Officer Heather Medina, Stockton College Director of Admissions Megan Vile, Assistant Superintendent Southern Regional School District Assistant Superintendent and Craig Henry, Southern Regional College District Superintendent. (Photo courtesy of Stockton University)
While the major emphasize of the most the latest Southern Regional Board of Training meeting two months ago was the presentation by Adele Berardi and Kendra Stefanski concerning the colossal accomplishment of this year’s foodstuff generate, a particularly important 1 that gains Southern’s significant university pupils at all levels also manufactured its way to the forefront.
“The Twin Path Partnership method results in an accelerated pathway for pupils to comprehensive their large university and bachelor’s degrees in six a long time, if a student chooses to do so,” claimed Stockton College Chief Enrollment Officer Robert Heinrich, who spoke prior to the Southern college board on Jan. 5. “This is a distinctive opportunity for your students to effectively have a conditional acceptance to Stockton as they start out their very first calendar year of higher college.”
The Southern Regional College District and Stockton have labored together in current decades to assist pupils conserve time and funds as they the two go after their large faculty diplomas and get by school far more speedily, and they not long ago signed a “Dual Route Partnership” settlement – giving college students at the superior school the opportunity to graduate from high university in three years and be routinely enrolled at Stockton with sophomore standing.
“If learners can get paid a semester or extra of credits in substantial university, they will not only conserve thousands of dollars in tuition, but also decrease the time it normally takes them to graduate from Stockton,” Heinrich stated. “This software also lowers the tension of making use of to college or university and waiting around for a selection by guaranteeing admission to capable college students.”
The arrangement demonstrates the commitment of the two establishments to give college students with a higher-good quality instruction and seamless obtain to an very affordable four-calendar year higher education degree.
“This agreement acknowledges that Southern Regional’s rigorous curriculum far more than adequately prepares pupils to make the transition to university,” said Stockton College President Harvey Kesselman. “Almost 20% of Stockton college students come from Ocean County, and we are assured this arrangement will enable even a lot more Southern Regional pupils get entry to an very affordable university diploma.”
In an expansion of a past application concerning the schools, the present academic yr at Southern Regional options 17 twin-credit score classes by way of Stockton that enable college students to receive equally higher university and higher education credits. Classes supplied include Latin, French, Spanish, German, Precalculus, Calculus and Professional medical Terminology for Health and fitness, among others.
“We’ve been truly fortunate to operate with Stockton on this partnership,” reported Southern Assistant Superintendent Megan Vile, who has labored closely with the university’s administrative staff to develop the twin-program application. “Stockton’s been exceptionally adaptable for our learners, and I’m really psyched to increase all those courses so our young ones can tailor their personal Southern encounter and transition into higher education with the probable to shorten that timeline as very well as the economic stress.”
Heinrich stated one particular of the big rewards of the method is that students can acquire benefit of whole, 4-credit score programs to carry to Stockton or yet another institution, and the demand for those people four credits is only $400, which can be waived for learners who qualify for the cost-free and lessened lunch method – an choice that drastically lowers the investment decision toward school for a spouse and children, he additional.
“The Southern Regional Faculty District is both proud and fired up to be growing put up-graduate options for Southern college students through this partnership with Stockton University,” reported Southern Superintendent Craig Henry. “Combining the two nicely-regarded manufacturers of Stockton University and the Southern Regional School District will without doubt provide not only our college students quite properly, but, similarly important, the neighborhood at huge.”
The conditions of the Dual Path Partnership arrangement include:
• Pupils who make their large university diploma from Southern Regional Substantial School with a bare minimum GPA of 3. or greater are certain enrollment at Stockton University.
• Stockton agrees to waive the undergraduate admission software price for qualified pupils.
• Stockton will offer on-site private advisement and higher education admissions and monetary assist workshops in Southern Regional Superior Faculty for potential college students and mothers and fathers.
• Stockton will supply educational and advantage scholarships to suitable college students, renewable for up to four a long time of undergraduate training course get the job done to these who retain a 3. or greater GPA.
• Southern Regional will publicize the arrangement and give standard preparations for Stockton admissions and monetary aid counselors to check out Southern Regional High University.
• Stockton will function with the administration at Southern Regional to maximize the quantity of twin-credit score choices, so pupils can comprehensive as several as 32 college or university credits in the course of their first 3 several years of higher school and transfer these credits to Stockton.
• Students who full 32 credits at Southern Regional may well enter Stockton as sophomores.
• Students who do not fulfill the least admissions requirements can be conditionally approved to Stockton and will be inspired to in the beginning enroll at Ocean County College or university underneath the present Stockton Transfer Pathways partnership.
— David Biggy